Monday, April 5, 2010

Some Things Better Left Unsaid

So, did any of you, when you were younger say, "When I have kids of my own, I will NEVER do this to them." Well, the past has come back to haunt me. Being the tomboy I was and hating curls in my hair, nothing was worse than sponge curlers. They were horrible to sleep in and made you look like a bad Shirley Temple. It's official, I did this to my child for Easter. I actually put sponge curlers in Averie's hair to get those not quite Shirley curls. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out so well, so I had to douse her hair in water and redo it anyway the next morning. Oh well, better luck next time!



2 comments:

Awesome Oettli's said...

The memories are all coming back-tossing and turning. Have you tried small braids? I wish i had a little girl to sponge curl. I think it is a mothers right. Happy Easter!

Sarah said...

So I am a little late but one thing I discovered in my curler attempts is if it is wet and you mousse it and then twist it before you roll it. Works great for us!