Monday, August 31, 2009

Yipee! My First Bow Hunt!

This year, Brian talked me into bow-hunting. I have always been a little skeptical that I could actually do it. I mean, I go shooting with Brian just for fun, but, I didn't think that I could hunt. Well, I did, and it was great!!!! It was so much more fun hunting with a bow, afterward, I could barely breathe and my hands were shaking soooooo bad! Anyway, here is my deer (and me!) FYI: I am not really biting the liver, but James said that if I took a picture like I did, then he would exempt me from the time-honored tradition of the Gilson family- YUCK!!!!!!! It was a blast and I am so glad Brian talked me into it!!!!!

Here it is! The deer of the hour!



Me and my guy!



Me and Kedrick (the guy who's land we used, he is such an awesome guy!!!)



Like this would EVER happen!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Monsen3 said...

Who doesn't like a big hunk of liver for dinner?

Bethany Gilson said...

What a kill! I am so happy for you!

Hyrum and Kathryn Boss said...

Nice Job!!! You did well!!

Cammie said...

You are a true hunting Gilson! When I was visiting Bethany and Tyler last week, they had your deer picture on their screen saver. Maybe Tyler is trying to tell Bethany something...