Saturday, October 17, 2009

You say "POTATO".....

So, this year, our garden went a bit overboard. I canned 20 jars of tomatoes, 29 jars of salsa, 21 jars of spaghetti sauce. My mother-in-law did tons of tomatoes, and my sister-in-law the same. We gave away probably 20-30 bushels to neighbors and family, and still had tomatoes!!!!! Well, if I thought that was bad, I didn't even begin to imagine the potatoes. We ended up with 150 plants. Not intended, believe me. Two nights ago, we dug them up. It took around 4 hours and we ended with around 600-700 pounds of potatoes. Needless to say, I don't think we are going to run out for awhile. Brian (who most of you know actually LOVES to garden-not an exaggeration) told his mom and Holly that next year everyone has to have their own garden. I laughed and told him he brought it on himself. After he gave me a dirty look, informed me that he wasn't kidding. It was actually kind of fun, spending time with family, digging up spuds!



Averie doing her best to help



No comments: